Hey all,
I'm exploring whether it's possible to build a Forge app that exports a page to ODT format, and I'm hitting a bit of a wall conceptually.
-
Confluence Cloud only supports built-in exports like Word, PDF, HTML, XML - no ODT out of the box
-
Forge apps can fetch page content via REST and render/export logic, but there's no native support for ODT conversion
-
Most examples I've seen focus on Word/PDF export flows or custom macro export handling
So before I go too far down the rabbit hole… 🐇
Questions:
-
Has anyone actually implemented ODT export from Confluence Cloud (Forge or otherwise)?
-
If yes - did you handle conversion inside Forge or via an external service (e.g. Pandoc, LibreOffice)?
-
Any gotchas with formatting fidelity (tables, macros, layouts, etc)?
-
Are there existing apps or libraries I might have missed that already solve this?
-
Alternatively - is there a smarter intermediate format (e.g. HTML → something → ODT) that worked well for you?
I'd love to hear if someone has already tried (or failed at 😄) this before I reinvent the wheel.
Thanks! 💙