Capture.JPG
The green 57 is obviously tasks complete but I don't understand where the blue 62 and yellow 30 come from. We don't assign Story Points to sub tasks and User Stories don't sit in the In Progress column. We can't figure it out!
Hi Richard,
This is based on the estimations for your columns on the board. The blue number is for the leftmost column, for 'To Do', the yellow number is for the middle column(s), representing items 'In Progress', and the green number is for the rightmost column, that represents items 'Done'.
Please see Configuring Columns for more details about the column mapping.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Clarissa.
Hi Clarissa, thanks for your reply. I guess the question I meant to ask was how does JIRA calculate the points for To Do and In Progress? In the example, there's 30 points defined as In Progress, but we can't see where it gets that figure from. Manually, we can't make the tasks In Progress add up to 30.
Thanks again
Richard
Welcome Richard.
I believe the following screenshots are going to be helpful.
I have configured my board with the following column mapping (issues in status "To Do" will be the ones in blue, in status "In progress" in yellow and "Done" will be green):
column_mapping.pngCurrently, my sprint has two issues in "To Do" (summing up 9 Story Points) , two issues "In Progress" (summing up 7 Story Points) and one issue "Done (summing up 4 Story Points).
work_mode.png
And if you check, those numbers are the ones shown in the Plan mode:
plan_mode.png
Hi Clarissa, that's great, thanks. Yes, your answer makes total sense, but it's not quite what we have here. I think it's because we're using it slightly differently. We have a User Story (with the points assigned to it) which could then have several sub-tasks assigned (which we don't assign points to). The sub-tasks are the items that move through To Do- In Progress - Done.
But as they don't have Story Points assigned I can't see where the numbers are coming from (except for the Done column, when the User Story is done).
Not sure if I'm making sense or not, so apologies. Your answer makes total sense but we're using it slightly differently here.
This is expected behavior. I have created an suggestion a while ago that is being tracked at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5614
For now, you will only be able to see the estimations of the main task,
Please add yourself as a watcher of that suggestion to be notified of future updates.
Ok, thanks again Clarissa.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.