I will try and keep this concise, but I have a lot of questions. We are evaluating if Jira Asset Management will work for our needs and I would like to know if its capable of doing these things.
1. An easy way to schedule assets hourly. We have robots and systems they interact with and want to be able to link them all together clearly which JAM seems to do well, but the robots are booked in blocks down to the hour via Jira ticket and move between systems multiple times a day. I don't see a way to automate changing the links between booking request tickets based on a calendar, or Jira system. Is this possible? Or not the right tool for this use case?
2. Nested Object Hierarchy. In our sandbox I have a robots with an attribute "System". The system objects are nested by revision. When I go to a robot and want to assign "S-Ob 1.2" the only options I get are "System Rev1" and "System Rev2". In other words it only shows one level down, not all the sub-objects. Is this configurable once we have our own instance of JSM or will this always be an issue and I would need all the Objects only 1 layer down from the attribute?
System
- System Rev1
- S-Ob 1.1
- S-Ob 1.2
- S-Ob 1.3
- System Rev2
- S-Ob 2.1
- S-Ob 2.2
- S-Ob 2.3
- Ect
3. Can you update the Assets linked to a Jira ticket from the Jira ticket side, or only from the Assets side?
4. Is there a way to get an asset to show as "Inactive" and maybe highlight in red on the Jira side?, so its clear that the assigned resource isn't available.
Thank you in advance