Hi Team,
I am designing a Jira Service Management (JSM) workflow and I need guidance on the most efficient way to implement a conditional branch.
Current Workflow Logic:
Trigger: Ticket is created.
Initial Status: Pending Approval.
Condition: Once the approval is granted, I need the workflow to branch:
Technical Challenges & Questions:
Workflow vs. Automation: I understand that standard workflow transitions cannot natively "calculate" this branch during the approval step itself. Is it correct that I must use an automation rule triggered by "Approval Completed" to handle this logic?
Logic Execution: What is the best practice to ensure the ticket moves to the correct status immediately after approval without manual intervention? depending on AD filed value.
Attribute Fetching: How do you recommend checking if the AD field is empty/full within the Automation engine and/or with conditions in the workflow for the most reliable result?
I want to ensure the workflow is "clean" and doesn't get stuck in a loop. Any advice on the configuration of the transition or the automation rule would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,