I have a case type which requires the Organization to be set at point of creation so that a) all associated users within that Org get told it's been raised and b) they can see it in the customer portal. Ideally, I would like to be able to use an initial work item to generate Child cases to notify individual customers as appropriate. It may be that an issue affects all client, it may just affect a specific customer or group of them.
The difficulty I am having, is that the Organizations field is a default field, and as such, I cannot find a way to select one, many, or all, from the available options within my Jira instance to create the desired number of Child records. I wanted to make Organizations into a comma separated list, but I don't see a way of doing this. I have the various organisations replicated within Assets, and really, I would only want to see those flagged as "Active", but this is not possible on the fixed Organisation field itself.
My only solution at present would be to take a hatchet to my current workflow requirements and remove the need for Organization to be a completed field, and then use an AQL to identify the available Orgs from with Assets, and THEN have a second rule to run at creation, to perhaps mirror the selected org from the AQL into the Organization field! The difficulty here being that of course, the removal of the Org requirement might lead to agents creating individual cases which the customer doesn't get told about, and can't see because it's not actually assigned to their Organization.
Any less hugely convoluted ways of doing this would be gratefully read and tried out. It's the Organization field that is key to all of this and its complete inflexibility and baked-in necessity is a little frustrating.
I did find [AUTO-744] Improve "Manual trigger from issue" to support more ways to capture user input - custom issue fields, user picker field type, ability to access fields via smart values, multi-select fields, date/time fields - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. which makes me think I am trying to bail the ocean with a sieve on this one.