When I try to sort by Rank, it shows up as gibberish.
Examples:
What is going on?
JIRA Agile Rank field is internally used to order issues but it is saved like that so it won't provide any additional information by having the field on a JQL query search results column or screen.
It is normal behaviour.
Cheers!
thanks so much.
no worries at all Steven!
That format is named Lexorank and the details are bin the JIRA Agile source code. They are a bit like how words are ordered in a dictionary book
So in previous versions, I was able to rank the story or bug easily from the ticket. Now I cannot with this new lexorank feature. I have to drag and drop a ticket that shows up at the bottom of the backlog to the middle. That takes a ton of time. I need this field to show me an integer so I can rank easily by inputing 10 or 15 or 20. Dragging is not convenient and wastes a lot of time at my company when we're doing triage.
Has anyone solved this problem and converted this gibberish to an actual rank?
Seriously – this is a big problem. Is this an intended new "feature" or is it going to be fixed soon. My team is in the process of evaluating JIRA compared to Rally, and this is just awful.
Is there any way to transfer Lexorank to a number? Why include this value as a column when it is known not to be useful?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.