I am trying to apply for the Atlassian Community Champion program with a focus on organizing Atlassian Community events. However, I am facing a few challenges and would appreciate guidance on the correct approach.
Previously, I submitted an application under the “online contribution” category using my primary email ID [email address removed for privacy], which was later denied. I am actively contributing on the Atlassian Community Forum with this same email ID and have earned around 30 badges along with a contributor tag, reflecting my consistent engagement and contributions.
Now, when I try to apply again (aligned with organizing community events), I encounter the following error:
“Oops! Something went wrong. A Champions record with this information already exists.”
Additionally, I have been advised to apply using a different email ID, but I am concerned that using a new email (with no prior contributions) will not reflect my actual community involvement and may impact my application.
Could you please guide me on:
1. How I can proceed with applying for the event contribution category
2. Whether it is possible to use my existing email ID for the new application
3. How to resolve the “Champions record already exists” error
My goal is to actively contribute by organizing Atlassian Community events and continuing to grow within the ecosystem.
Looking forward to your guidance.
Thank you.
Yashodip Jadhav