I currently have an Atlassian account that is linked to a Google Workspace email (company domain), and I can only log in using Google authentication.
I would like to stop using Google login and switch to a standard email and password login instead.
Additionally, this account is considered sensitive, and I need to share access to Jira with two different teams (around 10 collaborators in total). Because of this, relying on a single Google-linked account is not ideal for access management and security.
My questions are:
- Is it possible to remove Google login from an Atlassian account?
- If the account is part of a Google Workspace domain, can I still switch to email/password authentication?
- Would changing the email address to a non-Google domain allow me to remove the Google login?
- If the organization uses SSO, is this entirely controlled by the admin?
- What would be the recommended approach in this scenario to securely provide access to multiple users?
I’m trying to understand what options are available for an individual user versus what requires admin control.