I need to add one person to at least 20 Confluence spaces. I'd rather not have to go into each space individually. Is there a way to add them to multiple spaces at once in Confluence?
Hello @Laura Briscoe
I found this KB, but it seems to be focused on granting access to all spaces.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence/kb/how-to-bulk-update-space-permissions-to-add-a-group-or-an-user-to-multiple-spaces-at-once/
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-Cloud-Admins-articles/Manage-Confluence-space-access-in-bulk/ba-p/2674446
Otherwise I think the option would be to use the Confluence REST API.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v1/api-group-space-permissions/#api-wiki-rest-api-space-spacekey-permission-post
In the future you may want to consider granting access to user via User Groups instead of individually. Then you can simply add a user to the correct User Group to give them access to multiple spaces in one shot.
Hi @Laura Briscoe
As @Trudy P Claspill mentioned API is the best way to go about automating it
Use the Confluence REST API to loop through all 20 spaces and add the user programmatically:
<span>POST https://api.atlassian.com/ex/confluence/{cloudId}/wiki/rest/api/space/{spaceKey}/permission</span>
This can be scripted in Python/Bash to handle all 20 spaces in one run.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.