One of our departments needs us to ""clone"" certain issues from one instance to another, including the changelog/history.
From my searches, the only method I've found that might work is using the JSON importer.
But everytime I try to use it with history data, either it ignores the issue data completely, or returns an error.
If I follow the documentation example basically verbatim:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-json/
It just ignores the issue. As if it isn't there. So it just does nothing, claims the import is completed and have a good day sir and/or madam.
Instead, if I use "issue" in place of "work item" and "issueType" in place of "workType", it returns an error saying that fields [issue, history] are not valid.
But if I remove the history section, it works like a charm. The issue, with the correct type, correct project, all the data, even the attachments, gets created without a problem.
I'm basically pulling my hair (or what's left of it) off trying to figure out how to do this.
Has anyone here battled with the cloud JSON import system before and could offer some guidance?