Hi, I have custom field single select (dropdown).Is there an option where I can import my excel a list for the value of dropdown in Jira?
Hello @Mar
Did you try the recommendation in this KB?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/how-to-bulk-import-custom-field-values-for-certain-types-of-custom-field/
I want to import a list into my custom field options(single select dropdown) rather than adding each value one by one.
Hi @Mar
Do you mean you want to add options to the field in bulk, not on the work items, but just the options,
check this API endpoint, https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-custom-field-options/#api-rest-api-3-field-fieldid-context-contextid-option-post
There is not a method to directly upload values into the configuration of a custom field using an import file. You must use some intermediate feature.
The two intermediate features are the API, as suggested by @Marc -Devoteam- , or adding the values by importing issues that contain the values.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.