Could use some help with an automation rule (if it's possible).
The Ask:
Allow customers to Request Again a service desk ticket they submitted in the past.Request Again clones the ticket, reopens the dynamic form, and allows the user to make necessary changes
- Ideally, these would extremely simple changes. For example, on a New Hire form, all the access is the same but the new user's name changes.
- However, we have no way to stop customers from changing the location, access, devices needed, etc. All dynamic fields that change the fields showed or hidden below.
The Problem
Form fields linked to Jira fields necessarily copy with the form. If the linked fields are empty, the form fields will show empty to the customer.
If the customer changes a dynamic field from A to B, all of the fields tied to A still show up on the ticket and the agents see options for both A and B causing significant confusion. This also causes problems for reporting, analytics, etc.
The Solution
The process currently consists of 2 automation rules
- Step 1
- Trigger on field value change
- Clone Work Item
- Set a few fields
- Set new ticket as clone of original
- For recently created
- Set Request Type
- Copy form from Trigger
- Reopen dynamically defined form
- GET form ID
- PUT to Reopen form
- Step 2 - Where I need help
- Trigger: On Form Submit
- Clear any form fields that are not on the newly submitted form - How can I do this???
If it clears all custom fields I, I can re-add those. If it clears things like Reporter and Summary I think I'm stuck.
Currently I'm trying to do some updates pulling from the changelog and clearing anything that wasn't updated with the last change, but that doesn't work because that may wipe out things where the user left the field alone.