Hello community:
I have a 'project team' for a specific effort. However, some of those resources are on other teams where additional work needs to be done (on that dev teams workflows that include QA automation, etc..)
My challenge is I need to see ALL the work from the resources on the main project board. The main project is linked to the Parent initiative and the Epics for the main project team are used for reporting project health/status.
Heres what I've done so far:
- Initiative is created - so I *could duplicate the main project epics to the sub teams - but this is messy and not ideal.
- I've updated the filter on the main project board to include other teams work by using labels. This is messy because our team sprints and others are in Kanban. Also.. when you do this then the Jira Software main team board Timeline functionality breaks because Jira doesnt allow for more than one project to be linked.
- I can create a primary ticket on the main project board and link the associated teams work to it. This works but is problematic to actually visualize the sub-teams work and the estimation, timelines, etc. (Its also duplicative)
- I can stop trying to use Jira timelines in the main project board and move to 'reporting' timelines using Jira Plans, pulling in the Initiative and Epic level information for all teams. Again... I feel this is duplicative in nature.. I want to use the core timeline functionality on the main project board so things stay updated dynamically and when I'm running standups with the team everyone's work is visualized there - single pane of glass.
Suggestions or experience on how others have accomplished this without all the workarounds would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!