I'm trying to replicate a word document deployment plan in confluence which has been created by using a table. The plan has multiple sections, each section has a header row and directly below the header row is a sub header row which identifies each column. The first column on the left is for the step numbers in the plan.
In confluence I can create separate tables for each "section" with a header row defined and directly below this my columns start. The first row identifies what each column is used for. Is there a way to add auto numbering to just the rows that are the steps? Also, is there a way to select the row/column in each table to start the numbering sequentially so no numbers are repeated on the plan as a whole. At the moment I have to add the step numbering manually. So if a step is added, I have to manually change each number after the step which can be quite time consuming if the plan has 100 odd steps... Example below.


Any help MUCH APPRECIATED. I'm a "pleb" so I don't have special admin rights or ability to import plugins.