Hello Community,
I am currently trying to update the new atlassian teams field in Jira via the bulk edit api with the following documentation: The Jira Cloud platform REST API
I cant find the correct value / structure for "editedFieldsInput".
When checking the field for bulk edit availability I get a positve response:
https://my-environment.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/bulk/issues/fields?issueIdsOrKeys=SDGIT-162699&&searchText=Team
I know that it is possible via a simple issue update:
@Nico Maikranz
yes, @Trudy P Claspill is correct, this is not supported right now
Bulk edit only supports a specific set of fields, and the Team field is not included there.
The difference is that single issue updates are handled differently. You can set the Team field on one issue by passing the team UUID directly through the regular issue edit API. That is why updating one issue can work while bulk edit still rejects that same field.
So your realistic options here are the API per issue, or Automation as a workaround.
Hello @Nico Maikranz
Have you tried updating the Team field with the Bulk API endpoint? What did you try and what was the result?
I have not tried it myself, but I found this older post where the answer says the Team field doesn't seem to be supported.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Is-it-possible-to-use-the-newish-bulk-update-API-to-update-the/qaq-p/2938638
Thank you. Then I will continue using the single issue update.
@Nico Maikranz You´re Welcome.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.