Hello,
I know this question has been asked before but I'm struggling to find any answers that fit my needs. I am looking for a way to send customers a reminder when their ticket is in status "Waiting for customer" for 1, 2, and 3 business days. On day 4, i want the ticket to close automatically.
I have tried to build out separate automations for each day but the problem is that i am sending the reminder by adding comments, that way the reminder shows up in the ticket logs. Each comment counts as an update to the ticket. So on day 1 when it adds the first comment it reset the timer, and then day 2 automation wont trigger until 2 days after that (day 3) and this repeats for each automation making it day 1, 3, 6, and 10 before the ticket closes.
I could just send the e-mail via automations but then it doesn't show up on the ticket logs and users try to pull the "I didn't get a notice" card. I want to avoid that if possible.
I've seen some recommendations around setting an SLA and then triggering when the SLA breaches but i worry this would skew SLA reports and show a bunch of violations caused by users not responding instead of showing tickets that actually need addressed by the team.
I've also seen the recommendation of creating three different status's and moving it from one to the next at each stage. This could work but just feels really clunky and adds extra work to update filters and dashboards to now account for the extra status's.
Are these the only options or is there a better way I'm missing? Or are there ways to address my concerns with the ways suggested?