I'm guessing this is a no - but can Claude currently read Confluence Databases? Or is there a way to make/allow it to read the databases?
Hello @Kaitlin Madsen
Technically it can read them if Claude is connected to Confluence through a connector or a custom MCP/API integration that actually exposes that data. Confluence Cloud now has REST API support for databases
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v2/api-group-database/#api-group-database
Hi @Kaitlin Madsen
Yes, Claude can read and interact with Confluence DB, but it requires a specialized setup which can be done through Model Context Protocol (MCP) or 3rd party automation tools.
To do that it generally requires an Atlassian API token, the URL of your Confluence site and to configure an MCP server (such as CData's) within Claude.
You can also refer this document for an overview.
I hope this helps & resolves your issue. 🙂
Thanks,Anwesha
Well I was hopeful this would work. Claude can read the meta data in our Confluence database with this call, but can't read the individual rows.
Unfortunately, we have this setup. We can now read the meta data from the Confluence Database, but not the individual rows in the Database.
Claude can read actual pages, blogs, etc. But when there is a "Database" within the page, Claude can't read it.
@Anwesha Pan @Kaitlin Madsen - Curious if you were able to find a way for Claude to read individual row values in the past months? I am facing the same problem and would like guidance if you have already found a way. Thanks!
No, but I also haven't checked back recently to see if anything has changed. It sounds like it hasn't.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.