In JIRA, when creating a three-tiered layer system, is there a feature that automatically updates the second and third layers' priority settings when the highest priority (top) layer is changed?
Hello and Welcome @chisato3_egashira
Short answer: No without ScriptRunner, Automation, or a combination of both.For example, I use a Script Listener to copy specific values, and that field then triggers additional automations.
Keeping Custom Field Values in Sync Between Parent and Child Issues Using Automation for Jira | Jira and Jira Service Management | Atlassian Support
Hi @chisato3_egashiraWelcome to the Atlassian Community!
Jira doesn’t provide native functionality to copy priority changes across hierarchical levels automatically, parent → child → sub-task. Each issue’s priority is managed independently.
To achieve this kind of behavior, you would need to use Automation rules (for example, trigger on a parent priority change and update child issues) or an app like ScriptRunner for more advanced logic with Scripts and Listeners.
Thank you so much. It looks like I have to study more about customization, how far I can change first. Your link is very helpful and let me try. Thanks!
Thank you for this. I have to create automation rule and set triggers, right?
@chisato3_egashira
You're welcome. Whenever you need assistance, feel free to ask in this Community forum. You will always find someone experienced here and ready to help.
Dear @chisato3_egashiraYes, do you want me to share an automation example,how to set that?
Let me try first, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.