Hello! I am a Jira Cloud administrator. We have received a request to set up automations involving Gitlab. I don’t have access to Gitlab myself, but I can see that Gitlab is already integrated into the project where the automations are needed - specifically through the Development field.
I’ve never set up this type of integration before, and I haven’t been able to find any information online.
What is needed:
When a merge request (MR) in Gitlab receives two approvals, the corresponding issue in Jira should automatically transition from Status A to Status B.
When an MR is merged in Gitlab, the Jira issue should automatically transition from Status A to Status B.
When a comment is added to an MR in Gitlab, a Flag should be automatically added to the Jira issue.
Is this possible to achieve? If so, could you please help me with step-by-step automation setup and explain how it works? I would greatly appreciate it!