Hi Atlassian Community,
I have a question regarding the relationship between user status and email notifications in Jira Cloud.
We are currently testing the following scenario:
- A user is still in "Invited" status (i.e., the account has not been activated yet)
- The user has been added to a group or project role
In this situation, we have observed that email notifications based on the notification scheme (e.g. issue deletion notifications) are still sent to the user.
I would like to confirm the correct behavior from a specification perspective.
Questions:
- Are email notifications supposed to be sent to users in "Invited" status?
- Is there any official documentation that explains how notification delivery depends on user status (Invited / Active / Deactivated)?
- Is the following understanding correct?
- Deactivated users do not receive notifications
- Invited users may still receive notifications
Since this impacts our notification design, we would like to understand the expected behavior based on official specifications.
If there are any official documents or known behaviors regarding this, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.
Thank you!