Hi everyone,
I’m looking for a way to surface 'Activity' or 'History' logs on a parent record when a child record's reference is updated.
The Setup:
Schema A (Employees): The parent record.
Schema B (Asset Management): The child record.
The Link: A reference field exists in Assets pointing to Employees (Many-to-One).
The Problem: When I reassign an Asset to a different Employee, the change is logged in the Asset’s Activity History, but nothing appears in the Employee’s Activity History. For auditing purposes, I need these assignment changes to be visible from the Employee's profile.
What I’ve Considered:
Reverse Linking: I thought about linking Employees to Assets, but since an employee can have multiple assets (e.g., two laptops), a multi-select reference field feels like it would become a maintenance headache and potentially messy for data integrity.
Question: Is there a way to 'propagate' or 'mirror' these activity logs from the child (Asset) to the parent (Employee) automatically?
Thanks in advance!