Hi Jira Community,
I'm looking for some help regarding card customization on a Jira Software Kanban board.
Background:
I have two boards on the same Jira instance:
1. Board A — a Jira Software (Software space) Kanban board
2. Board B — a Jira Work Management (Business space) board
Board B has taller, wider cards with independently scrollable columns, which is exactly the view I want on Board A. After reviewing all available settings — including admin-level board settings and space settings — I was unable to find any option to replicate this on Board A.
What I've already checked:
• Board Settings → Card Layout (already has all 3 fields added: Members, Due Date, Labels)
• Board Settings → Card Colors
• Board Settings → Columns
• Space Settings (confirmed Board A is a Software space, not a Business space)
• The Group dropdown on the board (only offers None, Assignee, Stories, Queries, Spaces)
• Jira's own Rovo AI, which also confirmed this is a Jira Software limitation
My Questions:
1. Is there any native way in Jira Software to increase card width or enable vertical scrolling inside cards on a Kanban board?
2. Is there any setting or workaround that can give a Jira Software board the same card experience as a Jira Work Management board — without rebuilding the project from scratch?
3. If rebuilding is the only option, is there a way to migrate all existing work items from a Jira Software space to a new Jira Work Management space without losing data?
Any help or insights from the community would be greatly appreciated!