Hi,
I am using Jira Service Management Cloud and have a question about customer comment permissions in the customer portal.
What I want to do is allow customers to edit or delete comments that they posted themselves after submitting a request.
I checked the project permissions and granted the relevant permissions for logged-in users/customers, but customers still cannot edit or delete their own comments from the portal.
Because of this, we are currently planning to handle corrections by having an agent update the content on their behalf.
I would like to confirm the following:
- Is it currently possible for customers to edit or delete their own comments in the Jira Service Management customer portal?
- If not, is this because the permissions such as Edit Own Comments / Delete Own Comments do not apply to portal customers in the way I expected?
- In other words, are those permissions only effective for Jira users/agents in the issue view, rather than for customers using the portal?
My understanding is that there may be a difference between:
- portal customers
- logged-in customers
- agents with Jira/JSM product access
If anyone has a clear explanation of how these permissions are interpreted in JSM Cloud, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.