Hello Atlassian community,
I have an automation rule that when a comment is added to a ticket in status "Waiting for customer" the ticket will transition to "Waiting for support".
The problem i am facing is when an agent adds a commend and then manually transitions the ticket that the same time, automation fails. This is because the automation is slower then the agent who already changed the status themselves.
Is there any way for the rule to check if the transition has already occurred to avoid getting failed alerts?
I'm sure a quick recommendation will be to add an condition to the rule so it only runs if the commenter is not an agent. This does not work on my environment as many of our customers are fellow agents. We have multiple teams that work within the same project and the tickets can often be from a tier 1 agent reaching out to tier 2 or 3. I need to make sure that when a tier 1 agent who needs help comments on a ticket, the ticket still transitions to waiting for support that way the tier 3 agent knows the ticket is now waiting on them.