this was working for a really long time, but it seems with the latest Jira cloud update the feature is gone now! How to get it back?
Clicking on the "Connect development tools" link results in the below error.
Was working for the last year!
Hey folks! I have some news from Atlassian Support.
They identified a change applied a few days ago that seems to be causing the problem.
Basically, when an issue has no summary data or branch targets, the value hasDevelopmentDataInProject returns true for admins but false for non-admins.
Therefore, branch/commits returns null, causing non-admins not to see the create branch option when no branches are linked to the work item.
As this problem is affecting a small but considerable number of customers who were updated with the feature flag, their development team has raised an internal incident to prioritize the rollback of those changes and fix the problem.
Their last update is that they are deploying the fix, and it should be fully implemented by next week.
Hey folks @Keith Steward @Arkadiusz Wroblewski @antonio_barreto @Gonzalo @Henrique Bittencourt
Thank you for raising this through community. The behaviour you've observed is not an intended change, and we're working on a fix with urgency. Really appreciate your patience with us.
Hello @Keith Steward
I would not assume the latest Jira Cloud release removed it.
Atlassian still documents the Development panel in Cloud, and if it is missing, the first things I would check are the issue/work item layout, permissions, and whether the Git integration is still connected properly.
" issue/work item layout, permissions" NONE of those have changed. And it was all working for a year! But Jira has pushed updates out recently.
@Keith Steward I didn't seen in my Teams any Changes and people which working with Git haven't reported me nothing lately.
Also I don't seen nothing about that, so if you know that there was changes around that please provide source.
I have exactly the same problem, "Create Branch" have disappear from the ticket GUI ... I was a very handy feature
I'm facing the same issue.
We are facing the same issue on our end. Due to some company policies we are unable to connect the development tools to Jira directly, so the Create and checkout feature was very useful for creating consistent branches. We would appreciate the revert of this change.
Is there anyone from Atlassian looking to these forums? Otherwise this is a complete waste of time.
@Keith Steward @Gonzalo @Jeršič Tim @Arkadiusz Wroblewski
We did some testing on our side and noticed something interesting.
If the branch is created manually using the expected naming format, Jira links it to the issue correctly and the development information shows up as expected.
However, until there is at least a branch, commit, or pull request tied to the issue, the Development panel remains empty.
I also opened a support ticket yesterday. So far, they seem to think it may be related to the third-party app we use, GitKraken.
I pushed back on that.
The built-in Development panel in Jira is handled by Atlassian, and the GitKraken panel is still showing Create branch and the other actions exactly as before.
Because of that, it does not really look like GitKraken is behind the behavior we are seeing in the native Jira panel.
I’ll update this thread if support shares anything useful.
Exactly the same issue with our project, used to work with 'new branch' and 'new commit' snippets which have suddendly disappeared. Also when trying to 'connect development tools' we get a 404 error.
@Henrique Bittencourt
Glad to hear. So as I stated it was just Bug and not an Change
Please read my above answer - and if you don't mind - upvote!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.