Hi,
I've read through many answers, but can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. If I missed it, please feel free to point me to an answered thread already.
We are switching from FogBugz and there we had an option to get cases via email from external users. They were marked as the correspondent on the case, but a user account was not created. We were also able to reply their email right from the case and it would add the reply as a comment on the case.
So I need the following fuctionality:
1. Be able to create cases from incoming emails. I created an inbox and a handler and that works except I am stuck at the decision to auto create users. I tried to set the autocreation to false and to set the default reporter, but that seems like half a solution - I would rather not have a reporter at all or maybe have a virtual user called Incoming Mail. I also tried to follow some of the suggestions about creating users but adding them to the nonjira users scheme so they can't log in and don't count toward our limit - that sounds like a real solution except I can't figure out how to automate it and I don't see the role I need in the list of roles.
2. Be able to respond to the submitter via email from the case. This seems so trivial that I wonder if I am just missing it, but I've looked everywhere. I think I have all the permissions...
3. Along the same line, I am a little confused about the watchers functionality. When an external submitter emails in a case, I would like to have them be notified if that case is closed or when we explicitly reply via email (#2 above) but I don't want them to be notified about every comment we may add to the case. Is that possible?
Any help at all would be very appreciated!
Thanks,
Igor
EDIT: added some more tags