I'm experiencing unexpected automatic status transitions on a Jira ticket.
What's happening: I have a ticket that was moved to "Done" status. Since this task involves multiple PRs, I manually transitioned it back to "In Progress." However, over the past week, the ticket keeps automatically moving back to "Done" on its own — without any manual action from my team or me.
I've moved it back to "In Progress" multiple times now, and each time it reverts to "Done" within a few hours.
What I've checked so far:
- Reviewed our automation rules — nothing seems to match this behavior
- Checked the ticket's activity log but couldn't identify what's triggering the transition
- No team member is manually changing it
My questions:
- Is there a way to see exactly which automation rule or integration is triggering a specific transition?
- Could a linked PR merge or a webhook be causing this?
- Is there a detailed audit log beyond the activity feed that shows the source of status changes?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!