whenever creating tickets, I used to assign groups to the Assignee group field, it is working, but the main thing is, assignee field also automatically selecting the users which are sometimes not the specified assignee groups.
Hello @Saji Sasi
this usually means the Assignee is being set by some other configuration, not by the assignee part itself.
The first things I would check are:
So I would not assume Jira is selecting users randomly. In most cases, there is some logic in the background that is assigning them.
If you are using any kind of workload-based assignment in automation, that can also explain why different users are being picked.
From my side, I would start by checking the project configuration and automation rules first.
Hi Saji,
Please post a screenshot of your current rule so we can better assist you in troubleshooting.
Hi @Saji Sasi Welcome to the Atlassian Community
Could you please share a screenshot of the issue? It will help me understand how the Assignee Group and Assignee fields are getting populated when the ticket is created.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.