I want to search for epics which do not belong to a list of initiatives through the parent-link relation. With JQL, there is no option of not in operator with Parent Link.
Hi @jviola
The Parent Link field has been deprecated. You should just use the Parent field.
So, the query would simply be: issuetype = Epic and parent is empty
Thanks you for your prompt answer. OK to use parent.But how can I use parent to exclude the epic which belongs to a list of initiatives.Something like:... issuetype = Epic AND parent not in (Initiative_1, Initiative_2)
Thank you
issuetype = Epic AND (parent not in (Initiative_1, Initiative_2) or parent is empty)
Thanks John, I don't have the "is empty" option for parent.When I use this issuetype = Epic AND parent not in (Initiative_1, Initiative_2)
I still have issues returned which belongs to Initiative_1 and Initiative_2.
Is there a way to check the value of parent for a given epic?
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.