Hi!
I'm setting up a new project in JSM and would like to use the change calendar to highlight any conflicting changes.
However, I find the built-in capabilities quite limited for this purpose, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
When a change request is created in automation, I would like to:
1) Check for overlapping changes and highlight them in an email.
2) Highlight any changes that overlap a freeze window in an email.
3) Check the title of the freeze window, as we have different types of freeze and they need to be handled differently. I'm thinking of using the title to distinguish between them.
Regarding the first point, I know the JQL for searching for overlapping changes in the 'search work items' view. However, I cannot find out how to use this in Automation.
This JQL is working in the search view:
Project = "New Change Management Project" AND "Planned start[Time stamp]" < "2026-03-12 04:00" AND "Planned end[Time stamp]" > "2026-03-12 03:00"
However, when I move it into my automation rule and replaces the time stamps with the values from my custom fields, the rule fails:
Project = "New Change Management Project" AND "Planned start[Time stamp]" < {{issue.customfield_10044.jiraDateTime()}} AND "Planned end[Time stamp]" > {{issue.customfield_10043.jiraDateTime()}}
Is there anyone who has worked with the change calendar in this way, using it in automation ? And may share how they're using it or refer me to any documentation that describes this?