One of our major business areas wants a process to better manage all of the potential chargeable work that they may want to deliver.
A request would be raised for each one, assessed internally against a bunch of criteria, then a formal statement of works would be produced for client review. The client will then choose to accept or decline. It's essentially a product backlog with triage to decide if we want to quote or not.
I can easily map out this workflow in Jira, create some ticket types with a bunch of custom fields to gather the required information, and set up a dashboard or two to show requests in progress.
The downside is that everyone involved in this will need a Jira licence, and will be able to see everyone else's requests, some of which may be commercially sensitive.
It occurs to me that using Jira Service Management would solve some those concerns, though I've no first hand experience of using it so I'm not sure whether you can still do all the automations, workflows and dashboards just the same?
I'm a little cautious that we are trying to solve a problem with the wrong tools