Problem: Old labels that are no longer used at all, continue to show up as an option to be added and causes confusion for users
Situation: A few labels were created at some point on my space, but we plan to change them. It will share the same prefix as the old label and have a similar, but new name. All pages with the old labels were either deleted or unlabeled and the trash on the space was also deleted. There are no pages that contain the old labels on Confluence. Advanced search was used and I am 100% confident that the old label does not exist within a macro.
Despite this, when a new page is created, the old label still shows up on the list of available ones to choose from. This is very confusing and risks users selecting the wrong label.
Expectation: The old label shouldn't appear as an option to choose from or there is an option to delete labels that are not used.
I see very very old posts referring to this as a bug that is planned to be looked at. They have since been closed but I don't see a clear resolution. How do I resolve this?