I cut and encode the MP4 using H.264 as I read and no matter what I do it appears to work for several minutes after the upload is finished then shows "Preview Unavailable" and it can be clicked on and manually downloaded. We want our users to be able to watch it from the thumbnail if preferred.
Hi @Andrew Stout
See https://support.atlassian.com/confluence/kb/video-will-not-play-for-mp4-uploaded-files/
Or if you are on DC (on-premise, url of the site not ending on atlassian.net), did you add the video directly or in a multimedia macro?
You can also check; https://www.designandmake.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=184052783
If you're using a cloud service such as Google drive in you company, you should be able to 'embed' the video as smart link or using the iframe macro (on Confluence Cloud).
Another factor to consider is the attachment size - on Cloud, the default is 100MB but can be increased.
Yes, I found that article. I'm using h264 in my export. We're not on-prem. I basically just download the video, cut/export it and then drag and drop it on the page in question.
I haven't tried it from Google drive as it's not stored that way presently. Our size limitation appears to be set extremely large, so I don't think that's the issue. Thanks!
What is the size of the file, I have seen issues when videos go over a 100 MB.
I believe it's around 10MB
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.