Hello Atlassian Community,
I am looking for guidance on creating a visual organizational chart for my team/projects in Jira and automating its population.
Part 1: Visual Org Chart
How can I create a visual org chart in Jira that shows reporting hierarchy (managers, departments, roles)?
Are there apps or native Jira features that allow building a dynamic, interactive org chart where users can visually explore the hierarchy?
Ideally, the org chart should be user-friendly and easy to maintain.
Part 2: Automation from Jira Tickets
Once the org chart is created, is it possible to automatically add new employees from a Jira ticket?
The ticket would contain custom fields like employee name, email, job title, department, and manager.
The org chart should update automatically without manual entry in the org chart tool.
Which apps or integrations support API-driven employee creation and hierarchy updates from Jira Automation webhooks?
I would appreciate examples, best practices, or recommended apps for building a visual org chart and linking it to Jira automation.
Thanks in advance for your guidance!