Hello Atlassian Community,
I am trying to implement a leave/PTO request system in Jira Service Management Cloud for portal users (customers who do not have full Jira accounts).
Here’s what I need:
When a portal user (for example, John Smith) opens the Leave Request form in the Jira Service Management portal, I want them to see their available vacation/PTO days before submitting the request.
The leave balance should be dynamic and updated automatically as they submit requests and get approvals.
Ideally, this should work without requiring the portal user to be a licensed Jira user.
I have tried using apps like Teamployees and creating custom Jira fields, but:
Teamployees tracks balances internally and only displays them via widgets or panels, not directly on the portal create form.
Jira automation can update a field after submission, but this does not show the balance before submission.
Questions:
Is there a way to display live available leave days in the portal create screen for portal users?
If a marketplace app can do this, which apps are recommended and what is the setup?
Are there any workarounds using Jira native features, automation, or custom fields that allow pre-submission visibility of leave balance?
Any guidance, app recommendations, or examples would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.