Hi all!
I am using JIRA Server and I'm having trouble using an existing smart value inside a for loop.
Example:
- CORE-1 'is fixed by' FIX-1, FIX-2, and FIX-3
- SEC-1 'is related to' FIX-1, FIX-2, and FIX-3
I have a jira automation (action) that does the following:
- Clones CORE-1 into CORE-1a
- Updates some metadata on CORE-1
- For each 'is fixed by by' FIX:
- clone FIX-1 into FIX-1a
- link FIX-1 as blocked by FIX-1a
- clone FIX-2 into FIX-2a
- link FIX-2 as blocked by FIX-2a
- clone FIX-3 into FIX-3a
- link FIX-3 as blocked by FIX-3a
What I'm not having trouble doing is setting SEC-1 'is related to' FIX-1a, FIX-2a, and FIX-3a.
In the jira automation, I set a smart variable successfully at the start such that {{secticket}} is set to 'SEC-1' by using a For JQL.
However, in the for loop 'For each 'is fixed by by' FIX:', I try to set FIX-1a, FIX-2A, and FIX-3a as 'related to' {{secticket}}, but {{secticket}} is EMPTY.
Is this a limitation, or am I doing something incorrectly? Is there a better way to accomplish this?