Hello,
I am trying to use Atlassian mcp servers within vscode, when I try to create any Jira ticket (Epic, Story etc), I get below error. Can you please help how I can fix it. ?
Ran Create issue
The issue creation failed again because the MCP tool does not support passing the "Components" field in the required format, even when specifying the parent epic.
Currently, the MCP tool cannot create issues in the projeceName project if the "Components" field is required. You will need to use the Jira web UI or the official Jira REST API directly to include the component. If you need help with the Jira API or want to try another project that does not require components, let me know!
Input:
{
"cloudId": "id",
"projectKey": "projectKey",
"issueTypeName": "Task",
"summary": "Test issue creation via MCP with "componaneName" component",
"description": "This is a test issue created to verify create permissions via MCP with the 'compName' component.",
"parent": "Parent jira"
}
output:
{"error":true,"message":"Failed to create issue: Bad Request. {\"errorMessages\":[],\"errors\":{\"components\":\"Components is required.\"}}"}