I want to start using service accounts to make REST API calls in some scripts, but first I want to test using Postman to make sure I have all the correct permissions setup.
I created a service account
- Added it as a 'user (agent)' for JSM.
- Added it a group that has JSM agent access to one of my JSM projects
- Created an API Token with scopes:
- read:jira-user
- read:jira-work
- read:servicedesk-request
Then using postman I'm sending a GET request to:
https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{cloudId]/rest/api/3/issue/NHSWS-17124
I've tried using 'Bearer Token' and 'Basic Auth', but both always result in a 404 Not Found error.
I think I have my Cloud ID correct. The documentation says...
To find your Cloud ID:
Go to admin.atlassian.com .
Locate the string after /s/ in your admin URL or response, such as 1a11d016-8984-4c3e-b9ab-142dd06acb1b.
When I do this I don't see any /s/ in my admin URL, but I do see something that looks like this after /o/ in the admin url.