Many times images are not getting loaded in Jira tickets and its showing Preview unavailable.
Hello @Gokul Patil
Yep, seen that a lot in Jira Cloud. “Preview unavailable” is usually Jira saying “I can’t render/fetch that image right now”, not that the ticket is broken.
Most common reasons:
It’s not a real Jira attachment
People often paste images from Teams/SharePoint/Google/Slack/web, and Jira ends up showing it as an embedded preview. If the source link needs login, expires, or gets blocked = preview dies.
Fix: download it and attach it directly to the issue (drag & drop / Attach).
Browser / network is blocking it
Adblockers, strict privacy settings, or a corporate proxy/VPN can block Atlassian’s image/CDN calls.
Fix: try incognito, disable extensions, or test another network.
Platform hiccup
Sometimes it’s just Atlassian having a moment and previews come back later.
Fix: hard refresh, open from the Attachments section, and if it happens to many users at the same time, check status / log a support ticket with a few issue keys + timestamps.
@Arkadiusz Wroblewski are you seeing this odd behavior with all images or only some of them? Are you able to add small size images?
@Tinker Fadoua
From time to time, yes. But currently I’m migrating a large department where I have to do a lot of scripting and handle several smaller instances, so I don’t really think of it as anything special, as temporary Hiccups are normal.
I will observe it More.
Sounds like a plan. Keep us posted please.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.