Hi Team,
I need assistance with implementing comment restrictions for a specific group of users across selected projects.
Requirement: A group of users needs to be restricted from adding comments on tickets in selected projects, while retaining their ability to view those tickets.
Current Situation: Upon reviewing the users' permissions and group memberships, I found that:
- These users are members of the default group and their respective departmental groups
- Most of the target projects utilize the default group in their permission schemes
- Some projects use selective groups, and these users are members of those groups as well
- Removing users from these groups would impact their access to other projects where they require full permissions
Attempted Solution: To avoid modifying existing groups and permission schemes, I implemented the following approach:
- Created a new group called "CSM_NoCommentAction"
- Added the target users to this group
- Modified the project workflow by adding workflow properties:
- Property Key:
jira.permission.comment.denied - Property Value:
group:CSM_NoCommentAction
Issue: This configuration blocked commenting for all users across the project, not just members of the CSM_NoCommentAction group.
Request: Could you please advise on the best approach to achieve this requirement without affecting existing group memberships and permission schemes? Specifically, I need to:
- Restrict commenting permissions for specific users in selected projects only
- Maintain their view access to tickets
- Preserve their existing permissions in other projects
Thank you for your assistance.