Hi everyone,
I’m hoping someone in the community may be willing to share a proven approach, checklist, or documentation template for Jira Cloud-to-Cloud migrations.
Most of the guidance I’ve found focuses heavily on Server-to-Cloud, but our scenario is different.
We frequently acquire new products, and as part of that process we migrate them from their legacy Jira Cloud instance into our main Jira Cloud instance.
A few key points about our situation:
This is not usually a full-site migration
We typically migrate selected projects only
We need to retain:
We are not always bringing across all users or global configurations
I’m particularly interested in:
A repeatable migration framework or governance model
Pre-migration discovery checklists
Lessons learned / pitfalls to avoid
Best practice for project-level Cloud-to-Cloud migrations
If anyone has documentation, a structured runbook, or even high-level process guidance they’re willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance - keen to learn from others who have navigated this at scale.