What I'm looking to do: Is it possible to hide a form field from the technician view?
Since we are unable to have "Request Participants" in the request form, we had to create a dedicated custom field for requestors to add participants during submission. We then use an automation to copy these users from custom field to "Request Participants".
After the work item is submitted, the user portal has the "watchers" field that updates the official "Request Participants" field.
In the tech view, there is now 2 fields. Custom Participants and Request Participants. This creates confusion and requires too much automation logic to ensure they are aligned.
I understand there's: [JSDCLOUD-1511] Allow adding Request Participant field into Request Form in Customer Portal - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
But just like everything else in Jira, this will likely never be rolled out in my lifetime.
I would like to allow the custom participants field to be used during submission but effectively go away after it served its purpose. It would live in the customer side as a static field they can't edit which is fine.
If there is a better method for this, please let me know.