I swear @Bill Sheboy has answered similar questions but I couldn't figure out if any of them fit my use case.
In a nutshell, I have a bunch of tasks linked to a "parent" Epic. (They aren't actual child tasks because they're under a different Epic. It's complicated and I'll explain it in a separate article if I get this working.)
So I'm using a Branch rule / related work items with the following JQL query:
issue in linkedIssues("{{certParentKey}}") order by issuekey

So yeah, the query returns ISSUETMP-6808 , ISSUETMP-6809 , ISSUETMP-6810 , ISSUETMP-6811, ISSUETMP-7298 , ISSUETMP-7302, in that order.
The thing is, the person who requested this automation would like those tasks to be kept in the same order.
And well, since we've been waiting 5 years for actual resolution of AUTO-32, the ticket formerly known as Allow switch between parallel and sequential execution of Automation Rules ... I can't figure out how to do this.
To paraphrase Princess Leia... "Help me @Bill Sheboy you're my only hope"

% telnet telehack
.starwars
Alternately: https://www.asciimation.co.nz/