I would like to see a total of the number of comments in each of my stories. Is there a way to create a filter that identifies the number off comments in each story?
Hi @GlenellRosburg
If you are the administrator (or are able to bribe one with coffee), the easiest way to handle this is a special field type named "Number of comments"
This shows up as a numeric field on the issue, which you can then pull into a dashboard or report.
In addition to @Chris Rogers perfect answer:
Despite the field is system, it's still custom, so sometimes you will need to refer to that field with it's id rather then a name, unfortunately.
This worked great! Thank you.I don't see that field on my story but I see it in my filter. Should this field appear on the story?
@GlenellRosburg in order to see it on the story, you (or your Jira administrator) will need to add the Number of Comments field to the story view screen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.