As an on-demand user, is there JQL that can get me closer to what I need? How do others support tihs need?
For a given sprint, I want to know how much effort (time spent) was used on issues that were added to the sprint. In my case, production support - I want to monitor the amount of unplanned work entering the sprint and be able to adjust my buffer accordingly, each sprint in order to leave enough padding to handle critical production support incidents. Essentially, be able to predict a bit better as to how much my buffer should be each sprint based on past sprints.
I can show the '<sum>time spent' column on the result from the below query, but this includes all hours on the issue.
What I really need is to query this lot of issues and sum the time spent (work logs) against days between Mar 29-Apr 12.
project in (proj1, proj2) AND issuetype in ("PS Incident") AND sprint in (86) AND updatedDate > 2013-03-29 AND updatedDate <= 2013-04-12