I have tried to find the official bug report site for the Jira Rest Java Client Library and have not found one so i am reporting the issue here. I have more issues to report later so knowing were would be good, but the current issue is a blocker.
I am attempting to create a split operation that will break a current Issue into a new one. During this process I copy certain values including Assignee. However, the assignee that is returned when you get an issue has a null name field. I am assuming this is because of some privacy/security reason though you can still see the display name. The current JiraRest Java Client Library only lets you set an assignee in the issue builder based on the name. This should be replaced by at a minimum a by user id, but more preferable an option of id or email.