Hi Community,
I am looking for a native Jira Service Management (Cloud) solution, using Automation only (no plugins), to calculate how long an issue stays in a specific status — cumulatively.
Use case
An issue can move in and out of the same status multiple times, for example:
Pending → Work in Progress → Pending → Waiting → Pending → Closedhat I need is the
total time spent in “Pending”, including all entries and exits, not just the current duration.
Constraints
Jira Service Management Cloud
No marketplace apps / plugins
Solution should work for many tickets
Automation-based approach preferred
What I’m trying to achieve
Capture the timestamp when an issue enters Pending
When it leaves Pending, calculate the duration of that session
Add that duration to a cumulative total field
Ensure the logic works even if the issue re-enters Pending multiple times
If anyone has implemented a similar setup or can share a best-practice automation design, that would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance!