I currently have an automation to set fixVersions for issues whose fixVersions is empty and are transitioning from In Review to Testing. The fixVersions of those issues are set to "Next unreleased version by release date" which would normally be fine.
However, while we have issues still pending to be tested (issues for that version still in Testing status), we do not release the version in Jira. Its releaseDate remains the date the version was released, though.
Since work continues to be done, we create a new product version and assign a target release date to it. Any new issue that gets transitioned from In Review to Testing should now use this new version.
Unfortunately, the way the automation is set up, the version that has been released already but is still not marked as released in Jira continues to be set to new issues that have fixVersions empty.
How can I modify that automation to instead of using "Next unreleased version by release date" use the new unreleased version? Can I add a condition to filter versions with a releaseDate > today and get the earliest date?