Working on a solution where I need to maintain a SharePoint-hosted Excel workbook as a lightweight tracker for Jira projects.
Goal
I want to automatically sync Jira project information (such as):
Project Key
Project Name
Status
Start Date (custom field)
Due Date
into an Excel table stored in SharePoint.
Approach
I’m thinking of using Power Automate with:
A scheduled flow (Recurrence trigger)
Jira REST API call (ex: /rest/api/3/project/search)
Excel “List rows present in a table”
Upsert logic:
If ProjectKey exists → Update row
If ProjectKey not found → Add row
Optionally, I’m also exploring a real-time path using Jira Automation → Webhook → Power Automate HTTP trigger for single-record updates.
Has anyone implemented a similar Jira → Excel (SharePoint) synchronization successfully?
Are there known limitations with Excel connector filtering/updating large tables?
Would you recommend using project key mapping or another identifier?
Is the /project/search API the best approach, or is there a better Jira object to sync?