When adding a custom domain to jira service management i am presented with the option to apply to "App" or "Help Center". I cannot figure out the difference between the two. If I want all apps to have the same custom domain do I just choose app? If I just choose app will that cover custom domain also?
Hi @Chad Brown
Welcome to the community.
The options Help Center and App are for the Portal or the mobile app.
The naming "App" causes confusion, since Atlassian renamed products to apps.
In this case the reference is to the mobile app.
@Chad Brown this one caught me somewhat recently on a client project.
When you choose "Help Center," it is specifically for the customer portal in Jira Service Management, not the back-end agent view. To my knowledge, you cannot have the same URL for both the front end and the back end.
This is not specifically called out in the documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/add-a-custom-domain/
Hopefully someone at Atlassian sees this post and recommends a documentation update
If this is true that is terrible wording. If I choose Help Center for my Custom Domain will that redirect also for all of my Jira Software items as well, or will that be a separate FQDN?
@Chad Brown are you able to provide a screenshot of where you're configuring this?
The "app" option is for all the apps on the selected domain.
So if you have Jira, JSM, Confluence, the URL is for all. If you select Help Center, it's only for JSM
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.